Artisan- the makers’ market The district’s own art, craft and produce market. Each piece of craft is handmade and unique and offers something special for the discerning shopper. Artisan operates in St Georges Street Canterbury (next to M&S) every fourth Saturday in the month. For further information please read on.
Take a look at some of our regular stall holders work:
Forthcoming Artisan dates in Canterbury are:
- Saturday 15 December 2012 (Christmas market)
Saturday 26 January
Saturday 23 February
Saturday 23 March
Saturday 27 April
Saturday 25 May
Saturday 22 June
- Be handmade, and not imported; show creative flair and originality; be produced to a high standard and hold valid public liability insurance up to £5 million.
- Applicants outside the Canterbury District – If your application is approved you will need to pay a joining fee of £10 and then £30 per stall per market. This must be paid for in advance. This will allow you to add your name to the Creative Canterbury database.
- Applicants from the Canterbury District: You will not be charged to join Artisan but will pay £30 per stall per market.
- The selection panel will be made up of a guest selector, artist and maker and a representative from Canterbury City Council Arts and Creative Development Team
How to apply:
Download the application form or apply online. For further information about Artisan please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The address to send cheques to is: Victoria Falconer, Culture & Enterprise, Canterbury City Council, Military Road, Canterbury, CT1 1YW.